You love Etsy, flea markets and the earth. You're not the only one. The New York Times recently acknowledged the handmade craze is extending to the holidays, which means everyone's getting green this Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. Here's a guide to help you decorate your rental, and give with a homemade twist.
- Make your own menorah by spray-painting a branch silver. And top off the look with these clever star of David ribbons. [Martha Stewart]
- Even if you don't live in the U.K., Canada or San Francisco and can't rent a Christmas tree, you still don't have to kill a tree. Here are some great homemade tree inspirations - even one made with a hanging rack. [Green Renters]
- Make a holiday wreath with ornaments. Easy and it you can reuse it next year or take it apart and hang them on a tree. [Shelterpop]
- Chocolate-Raspberry Petits Fours, Chocolate Biscotti Sticks and Bittersweet Sugar Cookie Macaroons. Umm, YES PLEASE! The tough part will be not eating them all before giving them out. [My Recipes]
- Your Kris Kringle doesn't have a sweet tooth? Try this Sun-Dried Tomato Jam or Emeril's Spiced Nuts
- Get some iron-on letters and go nuts! Personalized tote bags make cute gifts, put them on t-shirts and onsies, too. [Real Simple]
- Getting anything personal in the mail is a pretty monumental occasion these days, make these flags of Africa Kwanzaa cards and you might even get a thank you note back. [Kaboose]