'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Richards Buys $3M Home

kyle richards and mauricio umanskyThe Real Houswives of Beverly Hills Kyle Richards and her real estate agent husband Mauricio Umansky have wasted no time starting extensive renovations on a 6,500-square-foot home they purchased last week for just over $3 million.

The home, (pictured below) which has a pool, sports court, theater and billiards room, will be a complete remodel where every space from the kitchen floors, the bathrooms and even the ceilings, will be redone. Umansky, an agent with residential brokerage Hilton & Hyland and his own busines LA Luxury Estates, even spent the weekend furniture shopping.

Umansky, who started selling real estate a little more than 15 years ago, told AOL Real Estate that he expects the renovations to be done in about six weeks because he doesn't like downtime. When we noted that seemed like an ambitious goal, he said, "I'm fast. I preorder everything. I already bought my cabinetry and my marble."

"We are going to convert it into kind of a Ralph Lauren comfortable, casual and traditional home," Search Homes for Sale See photos of homes for sale in your area and across the country on AOL Real Estate Umansky told the Hollywood Reporter. "It'll have a bit of an East Coast charm."

The Mexican-born father of three and stepdad to Richards's oldest daughter, says sometimes when people remodel homes, the homes get butchered. "I like to go in and bring back their life. I like to sit in the house for as many hours as it takes. The house tells me what it is suppose to be."

He does some of the work himself, but not a ton of the physical labor, mainly due to time-constraints. Closing $190 million in sales for 2010, he has been the #1 agent at Hilton & Hyland for the past six consecutive years, according to his Umansky Group website.

The interior design of the home will be decorated by Faye Resnick, who has appeared on Housewives and who worked on the couple's current home, which has a pending sale, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Umansky, who happens to be Paris Hilton's uncle, represented himself in the purchase and Joyce Essex of Coldwell Banker represented the seller.

Get
property tax help from our experts.

kim carrion

wow...the house looks amazing with that swimming pool...my dream house...I think that everyone wants to live there....If you are looking for a real estate agent in Beverly Hills, you should search for Michael Libow...He’s the best in town...I found a suitable house for me with his help...

February 08 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
don

Interesting, if mauricio sold $190,000,000 in real estate for 2010, he would have millions in commission just for last year. It doesn't really compute with their life style and what he has said on the show. I don't know what the couple's expenses are, but their homes don't really reflect that kind of money...Making millions of dollars per year, i think Kyle and mauricio would want a mansion (image is everything in that town and for real estate). Also, he mentioned a few times on season one about financial worries(eg. how much she spends, money for retirement, kids funds). He seemed authenically concerned. He definately did not want another child because of the financial responsibilty. Something isn't quite right with this whole picture, but i do wish them well.

January 30 2011 at 4:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia

I'm happy for them! I enjoyed watching Mauricio (my brother knows him, he lives out there and does the same work as Mauricio does) Kyle I still to this day can't get over what Kim said at the table when you asked her to back you up, "I GET NERVOUS" are you kidding me? She lives in the past too much, how could she throw in your face what she did for you when she was 18 years old...Grow up Kim! Best of luck in your new home, you have a great family and an awesome husband!

January 28 2011 at 9:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sshaw43536

I don’t know what to think about Kyle after that fight with her sister…DEFINITELY NOT CLASSY!!

January 28 2011 at 7:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allan Kleer

We're also experiencing the "halo" effect in SE Florida's (Miami Beach specifically) with several famous celebrities also purchasing homes in Miami Beach in the last several months.

January 26 2011 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dharma

she reminds me a "wanna be" so badly that looks like the other womans home on the same show with the strange dog and pool boy that wont leave...

January 26 2011 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angelika

Beautiful!

January 25 2011 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

Yikes! I hope they don't forget to budget for landscaping!

January 25 2011 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I am reading all the posts and it is funny how those who berate this family really are mean, but you in fact are the most knowledgable about the show. so in fact you are the people who make this show #1
by watching it
I want to thank you, may people speak of you behind your back the same way.

January 25 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
poptop

interesting how these people can be so detached from the rest of the world....recession, job losses, homeless. I hope they sleep good at night in their new mansion...you can only fake it for so long.

January 25 2011 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to poptop's comment
Virginia

Oh come on,..do you realize how jealous you sound! In there case Mauricio works for what they have,..she has a nice life and she is a mother of a 2 yr. old and she has 4 kids, in my book she belongs at home with the kids! I would also love to have Kyle as my friend I'm a girls girl! I love being with my girlfriends,.and Kyle enjoys her friends!

January 28 2011 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply