Divorcing Melissa Gilbert and Bruce Boxleitner List Calif. Home

melissa gilbertMelissa Gilbert and her actor husband Bruce Boxleitner are trying to sell their Tarzana, Calif., home while finalizing the details of their divorce after 16 years of marriage. They are asking $1.295 million for the 4,609-square-foot home, according to Realtor.com.

Built in 1955, the 5-bedroom, 4½-bath ranch-style home sits at the end of a cul-de-sac. The second-story master suite has vaulted ceilings, a fireplace and balcony. There is also a separate 1,309-square-foot guest house with office space, a kitchenette, full bath, a private bedroom and an open living space. See photos in our gallery.

Best known as Laura Ingalls from the 1974-1983 TV series Little House on the Prairie, it seems the period decor may have rubbed off on her, as the decorating in the two-story seems a little country, in the way a Midwestern great-grandma may have furnished her home. There's a floral couch next to a blond floral coffee table and pale green striped sofa chairs. The kitchen is cluttered with fruit-patterned towels hanging from the oven bar and center island. Magnets are on the range hood, and a large mixer, cookbooks and a floral-heart patterned serving tray is on the counter.

Although the interior doesn't feel Californian, the backyard at least does to some degree. There is a pool that is centered between the main house and the guest house. There are covered patios and raised decks landscaped grounds with mature trees.

The 60-year-old Boxleitner, who will star in the upcoming TV series Tron: Uprising in 2012, is 14 years older than Gilbert, 46, who was president of the Screen Actors Guild for nine years. She also wrote a memoir, A Prairie Tale, discussing her relationships with Rob Lowe and Scott Baio, as well as her alcoholism, as mentioned in the video below.

The couple, who wed in 1995 after multiple on-again, off-again engagements, reported People, have one son, Michael, 15, who was named for Michael Landon, Gilbert's costar and mentor from Little House. They also both have children from their first marriages, Gilbert has a son, Dakota, 21, with Bo Brinkman; and Boxleitner has two sons, ages 30 and 25, with former actress Kathryn Ogilvy.

Check out the decor in Melissa Gilbert's and Bruce Boxleitner's home. See more photos.

Sheree R. Curry
, who has owned three homes and read the entire "Little House" book series as a child, is a three-time award-winning journalist who has covered real estate for six years. During her 20-year career, her articles have appeared regularly in the
Wall Street Journal, TV Week, and Fortune. She's been writing for AOL Real Estate since 2009 from a Minneapolis-area rental. She seeks a book publisher -- or at least a lender who'll give a reasonable mortgage rate to a self-employed mom.

Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.

Sheryl

At fanfan: He probably got sick of him and his boys looking like Santa wannabes. I honestly think she had to have drugged all of them to make them look that happy in those outfits. *LOL* And i not, More Power to BB, for not giving a sh*t.

August 11 2011 at 2:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheryl

Ok, delete that. They're divorcing. Obviously, Shadows never rest.

August 11 2011 at 2:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheryl

I just love how when you try to sign in on here, it says your password is different, though my password has not changed since 1998. I guess it's just that good. (no typos...I made sure).

August 11 2011 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fanfan

I bet Bruce got sick of the grandma, female decor. This place is a dump! Flowered wall paper on the kitchen ceiling, junk everywhere (personal photos, old furniture, totally out-dated kitchen.) The kitchen should have granite and stainless steel and look more modern. Bruce and Melissa must have MILLIONS between them. Why do they live in TARAZANA (dump in the Valley!) and have such a "small" place? SAD

April 16 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fanfan

I am absolutely shocked looking at the photos of the interior of the house- what a DUMP! The house looks like it hasn't been cleaned or updated since 1983. You would think that two tv/movie stars would live in a nice home in Malibu or Beverly Hills, not Tarzana! I read Melissa Gilbert's 2009 Biography and I thought she said they lived in posh Hidden Hills? Also- reading her book, which was really shocking, I got the sense that Melissa NEVER got over her break-up with Rob Lowe. It made me sad. She revealed so many sexual details- I don't know why any mother would want her kids to read about that! I'm not surprised they are getting divorced. The book probably made Bruce upset!

April 06 2011 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
winddancer09

Checked out Melissa's book at the library and also got each of the books authored by Laura Ingalls Wilder to re-read. I watch the episodes daily on Hallmark and if I have to work, there are always all the youtube.com episodes. Actors/actresses are not perfect in their personal lives -- as NONE of us are.....but I sure appreciate Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert and all the actors involved in making the Little House series which will be popular for many years to come as they were hugely and monumentally popular during the ten years they were being created for tv. Watching Melissa Gilbert as Laura on these episodes is like seeing a part of her soul shining through -- Melissa Gilbert was always and most undoubtedly still is a fantastic person. Good luck to her and I thank her for making the Little House on the Prairie tv series as special as it was.........

March 28 2011 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheri Caponetto

My all-time favorite tv show series is LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. I really respect and revere Michael Landon and he was a fantastic actor and producer. Melissa Gilbert also "made the show." I watch it almost daily on Hallmark. Saddened by the divorce but Melissa Gilbert is still a great actress and most probably has her reasons. I think both of them are nice people -- sorry it did not work out. Plan to get a copy of her book and also any biographies on Michael Landon. The tv series really added a lot to my life -- and as a child my favorite author was Laura Ingalls Wilder. Will always be thankful Michael Landon brought the books to life. The stories are beautiful and meaningful. Love to watch them over and over. Good luck to Mrs. Gilbert......

March 26 2011 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Jo

Another has been writes a tell all book.

March 25 2011 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vanlev

F all these narcisists that love themselves and get tired of their partners in a few years.

March 25 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply