Shill on a Shingle: Billboards Finally Hit Houses

Want help paying your mortgage, and don't care what your neighbors think? Mobile advertising agency Adzookie wants to turn your house into a billboard advertising its services. In exchange, the company will pay your mortgage for as long as the custom paint job remains in place, for up to a year.

Since the program was announced on Adzookie's website on Tuesday, the California-based company has already gotten more than 4,000 applications. CEO Romeo Mendoza told the Wall Street Journal that responses are "coming in droves. We hit a nerve... I knew people needed help, but I didn't know so many."

Here's the deal: First you need to own your residence. No renters, please. The company will paint its logo on your house (a process that takes 3 to 5 days), where it has to stay for a minimum of three months. If, after three months, you -- or your neighbors -- can't abide the paint scheme, they'll repaint. If you don't mind living inside an advertisement, the arrangement can stay in place for up to a year.

Is it worth it to have your mortgage covered? Let us know what you think.

crazyacmary9

alful not in my area.keep it in papers. tv. billboards

June 02 2011 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crazyacmary9

no way .not in my area. looks alful. keep it whee it belongs on billboard ,papers.

June 02 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spcneeedle

In Seattle, there's a house near northbound I-5 with a mural of Bettie Page painted on the side facing the freeway. For those of you out here: Just past the U-District, just past the Ravenna sign, is a small exit sign. Just as you pass that, look to your right.

April 10 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
george

My house is brick. Don't think it would work with me. Otherwise, I'd do it.

April 10 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but what about neighborhood associations or home-owners associations? I can't see them agreeing and as I know, they can make your life hell.

April 10 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Britt

What a great way to help people keep their homes in these bad times. I sure would do it! Neighbors? Well in some cases it's betteer then looking at a junk yard!

April 10 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
larry

Try pulling this off if you have a home owner association. I see lawsuit-----------

April 10 2011 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kimsboxers

I want pads & tampons so every one will keep in mind what a bitch I can be..LOL ; )

April 10 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Tricilla

we already get bombarded by too many ads!!! it's especially ugly on houses.

April 10 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kimsboxers

I want pads & tampons on mine! LOL That way everyone will keep in mind what a bitch I can be..lol

April 10 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply