Buy $18M Mansion, Get Royal Treatment for Free

Sam Nazarian mansionAn $18 million Hollywood Hills mansion just sold in one week, thanks to some very clever marketing--buy the house, and live like royalty at no extra cost.

Known as the Oriole House, the property belonged to nightclub impresario and mega financier Sam Nazarian, CEO of the high-end hospitality company SBE. To help pique interest in the princely estate, Nazarian offered the buyer full access to his hospitality company's exclusive range of hotel-quality amenities. Among the services included: a cadre of personal assistants to fulfill your every request, fully catered house parties for the owner, guest-only privileges at Nazarian's ultra-posh hotels, even a star renovation consultant who can be brought in to redesign any room in the home, reports Forbes.

Suddenly, $18 million sounds like a steal. (See photos after the jump.)

You might recognize the posh estate as the home of Vincent Chase from HBO's stargazing hit series "Entourage." Watch carefully and you'll even notice Nazarian ushering the boys into his celebrity-packed L.A. nightclub, Hyde Lounge.

The Oriole Drive home was first listed back in 2009 for $18.95 million, according to the RealEstalker. The spread includes three bedrooms, 5.5 baths, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and a resort-style exterior with infinity pool and spa.

This time around, though, the listing was made available only to a select pool of privileged buyers. Each prescreened buyer was sent a personal access card with secret passcodes to the listing's details. According to Forbes, Stan Bharti, the owner of a Toronto, Ontario-based merchant bank, just closed on the property. He already has plans to make full use of the SBE hospitality package by hosting what will no doubt be a massive house-warming party.

To top it all off, the home has also reportedly broken a local sales record for price per square foot. While the total square footage was not immediately available, one account places the property at 5,976 square feet. At $17.995 million, that's $3,011 per square foot. And while "most expensive" can be a tricky measure to quantify in the game of ultra-posh posturing (like this London complex selling at $225 million a pop, or the 641-square-foot California cottage selling for $5.3 million), an $18 million mansion is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when it doubles as your own private hotel and resort.

See more celebrity real estate.

Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.

kirk51

HI

April 27 2011 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin Sky Wolf

For all of you complainging on here that you don't live in a large house, or that they could have donated the money, SHUT UP. I understand jealousy is a real ***** at times, but if you have the money then you can do what you want with it, it's simple. Some people spend their money on large t.v.'s and speaker systems, others buy a nice house, others invest, etc.

April 27 2011 at 7:47 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
fancoinc1

120 families could have life changing experiences with $150,000.00 each

April 27 2011 at 4:35 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
youandmetoday88

still.... no one needs that kind ofexpensive, huge house.
or maybe I am just a simple man with moderate needs, I would be just content with a house valued at less than 1/2 millions.
House or condo is just the place we can reside comfortably, as long as it is clean, well kept, and at least at a decent neighborhood. The more you buy the more of tax you'll need to pay to the government, that is all.
does it make financial sense ? not really.. I used to own my own house for 7 years in Pasadena ,Ca. then my father passed away and I need to have a fresh start for my mom, yes.. she lives with me and I am fortunate to have her by my side.. now I can't afford buying another property, it is still high even though price has already gone down, but not in those areas I may be interested.. if I have that 18 millions dollars, I'll invest 17 1/2 , isn't this a better choice/plan ?

April 27 2011 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ExAstrisScientia

18 million dollars and only 3 bedrooms? You can spend far less and still get a very nice 3 bedroom house with a pool and spa. I guess your paying for the location and panoramic views.

April 27 2011 at 1:14 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
larry

I was fortunate to have a job and purchase my first home in 1972 at the age of 22. Since then I have purchased other homes including a few rental properties along the way. Currently I have downsized and own a Condo and three rental properties. Even though I pride myself on owning several homes in the past and holding a full time job for 35 years, I don't understand how many individuals can make it in todays economy. With home prices unstable, banks not loaning money, college tuition and taxes on the increase and gas prices hovering at $5.19 a gallon, my heart goes out to many as forclosure desolves their dreams of owning a home, going to college and losing a job causes economic heardships including divorce and family dispersment. I know many are having problems because, if I am having financial problems even though I have had a job and own my home I know there are others suffering. I only ask---hang in there, things will get better. I've been through this before and it only takes time. Some of us are at an age where we don't have much time to recover as well as we would like to. But, along the way and due to recessions and hard times in the past, it has been a learning process for me. As Suze Orman always says if your in your 20s, 30s or even 50s, you have time to recover financially if you save, have an emergency fund, invest wisely and pass up a few "perks" along the way. The economy and job situation will get better.

April 27 2011 at 12:00 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Bill

And here I am, struggling just to make the house payment each month.

April 27 2011 at 10:03 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Ken

If you'd like some reality and truth instead of this fantasy intended to distract visit www.acrookedpath.com

April 27 2011 at 2:23 AM Report abuse -10 rate up rate down Reply
elaineen

At least the caterers, cooks, busboys, waiters/waitreses and clean up crew will have jobs.

April 27 2011 at 2:05 AM Report abuse +10 rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

5900 sqft a mansion? Hardly...

April 27 2011 at 1:58 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply