Prince William and Kate to Flee City for Remote Home

prince william kate middletonAfter Prince William and Kate Middleton get married on Friday, they will live in an apartment in the royal mansion Clarence House, as AOL Real Estate reported last week in "Prince William and Kate to Live in Royal Mansion." But, apparently, that is only when they're in London. For now, they plan to continue living in a whitewashed farmhouse for which William pays around $1,200 a month, on the island of Anglesey, where William is based while serving as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot, according to London's Daily Mail newspaper.

Once William finishes his three years of service, the new royal couple plans to spend the bulk of their first couple years of married life in a 6-bedroom green home that his father, Prince Charles, had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire, a remote area of North Wales, says the Mail.

The home sits on a 900-acre estate bought by the Duchy of Cornwall, which also pays Prince Charles with his annual income, in 2000. Per Charles's instructions, the new construction is eco-friendly, including a reed-bed sewage system, solar panels, and walls lined with wool insulation.

Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.

Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.

JO ANN

Does no one besides me feel we, the Americans, were snubbed when our leader was not invited to the royal wedding? And yes, supposedly it was because of security risks. At least put the invitation out there and let him decline because of security reasons. I know not many people like Obama these days, but he is our president and the leader of our country so when he wasn't invited like other heads of state I take it personally as an American. I feel we were given the cold shoulder.

April 27 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snessee

Beautiful couple. Lady Di would have been so happy and proud.

April 27 2011 at 5:29 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Ed Rice

Oh pip pip cherrio and all that sort of rot, I'm a recovering alcoholic and I dont get that sort of attention. Maybe this time willy will get killed in an auto accident or shot. But I do hope them the best in the world because God takes care of me.

April 27 2011 at 5:16 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
CHERYL

I'm so tired,and I need to go to sleep now.

April 27 2011 at 4:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

Let me see, now...Americans idolize rock stars - brainless and pathetic. They spend millions on lavish drunken concerts, but can't seem to understand why Britons and many others around the world spend a couple of weeks getting to know the future king and his princess who from all I've learned are decent, law abiding, and carrying out a thousand (or so) year tradition. Somehow the British people have decided they want the royalty. During WWII the royal household stayed in London during all of the bombings so that they could be an example for their subjects. They could easily have moved to one of their country homes,but chose not to. Does this help you understand? If it doesn't, I feel sorry for you.

April 27 2011 at 3:51 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
JT

I am looking for a thimble of Kate and WIlliam......Anyone know? I wrote the 2 places in Endland that are handling some of the royal couples collector's pieces.
appreciate any help

April 27 2011 at 3:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenna

why is this so important? what have they done that is so great? I guess that I just don't understand.....all I know is that I hope they can sleep well at night knowing there are people in our country dieing because of hunger, dieases because insurance is un-affordable, or simply being exposed to the enviroment they are exposed to in every day life because they are homeless....SAD SAD SAD That our people are so selfish and we simply DO NOT help each other...GOOD BYE CRULE WORLD

April 27 2011 at 2:23 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Steve

"I've got a home in Glory Land that outshines the sun! I've got a home in Glory Land that outshines the sun! I've got a home in Glory Land that outshines the sun, look a way beyond the blue!"

Thank you King Jesus, for dying in my place!

April 27 2011 at 2:05 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
bonschwein

Too bad people aren't as concerned about the environment as they are the royal wedding! Then maybe there wouldn't be severe weather that gets worse as time passes! This is exactly why the earth is in trouble!

April 27 2011 at 2:01 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Edward J Cox

I really don't care other than they seem far more down to earth than the other snobs in that family..

Live as normal as you can and play down the Royal crap... Let me know when I can visit for a week or so, your always welcome here..

April 27 2011 at 1:36 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply