It's Official! Candy Spelling's Closing Price: $85 Million

spellingAt long last, the speculation can end about how much Petra Ecclestone, the 22-year-old daughter of Formula One race car magnate Bernie Ecclestone, paid for Candy Spelling's manor: It was $85 million, according to an officially released statement.

The sale of the 56,000-square-foot estate in Bel-Air broke a few records in the process.

The sale is the top price ever paid for a home in Southern California, say the agents involved. It had been listed at $150 million for two years, the highest private residential listing price in the country.

The sale to Ecclestone (pictured) also marks the highest home sale to be accomplished in the country with both the buyer and seller represented by the same firm -- Hilton & Hyland, a boutique firm in Beverly Hills that's an exclusive affiliate of Christie's International Real Estate. Rick Hilton and David Kramer of Hilton & Hyland represented Ecclestone in the sale. Rick Hilton and Jeff Hyland of the same firm represented the seller, Candy Spelling. Sally Jones of Coldwell Banker was the original co-listing agent with Hilton & Hyland and was included in the sale.

Candy Spelling built the home in 1990 with her husband, TV mogul Aaron Spelling. Its size was a heated community debate during the construction process, but few would dispute that the materials used in the 123-room mansion were anything but impeccable and top-of-the-line. The home has 14 bedrooms, 27 bathrooms, and features a bowling alley, gift-wrapping rooms and so much closet and storage space that Spelling was frequently chided for having too many possessions.

Spelling has temporarily relocated to a penthouse in the Carlyle Residences on Wilshire while she awaits completion of a new 16,000-square-foot two-story penthouse in Century City. She bought the penthouse in 2008 for $47 million.

Also see:
See more homes for sale in Bel-Air on AOL Real Estate.

See more celebrity real estate.

trystahart

I don't care how much she sold a mansion for. No, I clicked on it because the title suggested Candyland had been sold... I thought it was another theme park, like Disneyland... And her name? Candy Spelling? XD

July 18 2011 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Latoya Rutledge

WE GOT BUYERS www.cash4cashflow.com/jhansbury

July 15 2011 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
awesmpwrca

Incorrect Story Quote ... in 2000 David Murdock sold his 8-acre Bel Air estate on Bellagio Road for 95 Million!!! Hilton & Hyland don't try to claim something that isn't yours...'The home is the top price ever paid for a home in Southern California, says the agents involved." Not True! Ann Brenoff...you should research your story before you put your name on it!

July 14 2011 at 7:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
drhinesmid

50% off sale?

July 14 2011 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
roberttriston

Hi Sensible please dont try to overbid me.......I can buy you out....You dont know me i am rich and crazy....

July 14 2011 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
roberttriston

That is crazy I offered 82 million and this young woman bid 3 million higher...My realtor sucks I told him to bid 95 million....Bull ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to offer her 120 million ,....I must have that house....What the hell i am going to do with all my money.........

July 14 2011 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to roberttriston's comment
My Six Percent

That was your first mistake....why are you using a real estate agent? You should have used "my six percent" We step you through the process and provide all the guidance a real estate agent would provide, and we do it for FREE....

July 14 2011 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kastmaster2105

and I can't even get my house refabed for $40k. Its 70 yrs. old and furniture dosen't even match. Being poor is no fun, it was in the cards. I am 64 and momma is 50. Wish I could make it more pleasant for her, she deserves it. Maybe before I die I will be able to find the money somewhere and help her out. I could never pay it back, won't live that long. Obama is cutting out our SS and no telling what else. No breathing room for us. So if U would like help us...ed at kastmaster2105@aol.com (77563) God Bless Ya

July 14 2011 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kastmaster2105's comment
Donna

It's the repukes that want to cut your SS and don't forget they want to mess with your medicare, also. So don't blame Obama, blame the repukes you voted for.

July 14 2011 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bishop Johnson

Anyone interested in helping? Hit me at bishophbj@aol.com

July 14 2011 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sensible

What a steal! And to think I let it get past me.

July 14 2011 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bishop Johnson

Wish I could just get one million to build a church?

July 14 2011 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply