Taylor Swift Lists Nashville Home She Bought Her Parents

Taylor Swift home

Taylor Swift homeWhat's that they say about never being able to please your parents? Not sure what the back story is here, but singer Taylor Swift just listed a Nashville home she bought for her parents a few months ago. The 5,000-square-foot Tudor estate is back on the market at $1.45 million, reports Realtor.com.

At just about the same time she bought this place in the historic Whitland neighborhood, she also purchased a home in Beverly Hills. The Nashville-area home was built in 1925 and has a library and outdoor entertainment area, plus hardwood floors throughout, marble bathroom floors and a wood-burning fireplace.

Swift, a four-time Grammy award winner whose deeply personal lyrics have contributed to her huge financial success as a singer-songwriter, can certainly afford a real estate misstep or two. She was named the best-selling U.S. musician in 2008 bu Nielsen SoundScan. Forbes ranked her the 69th-most-powerful celebrity in 2009, with earnings of $18 million, and 12th-most powerful celebrity in 2010, with earnings of $45 million. So far in 2011, she is ranked seventh-most-powerful with earnings, again, of $45 million.

But if we want to know why this Nashville house didn't work out for her folks, we may just have to wait for the next record album.

See more homes for sale in Nashville, Tenn., on AOL Real Estate.

See more celebrity real estate.

YaMaan

Looks like a GingerBread house!

July 17 2011 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
My Six Percent

Well, my daughter likes her music, and I don't mind her listening to it.....

My Six Percent is a web based platform that guides users step by step through the home buying / selling process, similar to what Turbo Tax does with tax preparation. We are free; organized; and intuitive. Stop by and check us out if you're considering buying / selling.

My Six Percent - Because You Don't Need an Agent
www.mysixpercent.com

July 17 2011 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ranm856

Cape Cod is nice in the summer

July 17 2011 at 6:12 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
trailopn0

obama is driving America into a depression and taxpayers are paying approxmately $8,000. a day to keep michelles mother comfortable in the whitehouse.

July 17 2011 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trailopn0

God Bless her. At least she doesn't make taxpayers support her maggot azz like the loser simpleton president orf America.

July 17 2011 at 2:42 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to trailopn0's comment
bigpapapuff425

WTF???

July 18 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kylestov

How can you actually say God Bless anyone with those derogatory comments following that statement . You need to get back in your bible for a refresher course. It is apparent that you skipped a few chapters.

July 20 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
espazz224

OK So she may not be the BEST singer in the world but I really love that my daughter listens to her. Her music is SAFE and to me that's priceless her music lyrics are clean .

July 17 2011 at 12:23 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
meezmos

Hey Taylor, I dont listen to your music but you can give me the house, and I will accept it..........think it over

July 17 2011 at 12:14 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jaahx

I'm just a blue collar worker. I've read every comment here ost of them leave me at a loss. What difference does it make? Who bought what, who lives where, talented or not. I just listen to the music I like, and, don't listen to what I don't like. And try to leave the ret of the world in peace.

July 17 2011 at 12:01 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ptownspin508

I guess she realizes cant cant sing nor write.Shes a no talent twit. You idiots that buy her music and fork down hundreds of dollars to see her live need a labotomy.

July 16 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse -8 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to ptownspin508's comment
ROBERT W SELF

Hum, you don't think she can sing or write songs, millions of other people thinks she can, maybe you have the problem.

July 17 2011 at 12:17 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
bbandchrissy

LOBOTOMY !!

July 17 2011 at 2:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Wayne

GOD bless the white people!!!

July 16 2011 at 10:43 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply