1. Our fast-selling hero award goes to actor Jason Statham of "The Transporter" movies, who put his Hollywood Hills home on the market in May at $2,749,000 and reportedly entered escrow at $2.7 million within a week. Some movies go to video faster than that.
Statham (pictured at left) bought the post-and-beam house, built in 1957, for $2.4 million in 2005. We call that a man who dodged a housing market bullet and lived to tell about it.
Peter Lorimer of Peter Lorimer Group Estates, Beverly Hills, was the listing agent, according to the Multiple Listing Service. Rayni Romito and Branden Williams of Hilton & Hyland, Beverly Hills, represented the buyer.
2. Two other lucky celebrity souls were pop singer Katy Perry and her husband, comic actor Russell Brand (pictured above), who bought a 1922 Mediterranean-style house in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles in 2009 for $3.25 million and just sold it for $3.3 million, the Multiple Listing Service shows. It had been listed at $3.395 million in May -- again, sold after just a brief stay on the market.
The gated, one-third-acre property has a 4,600-square-foot home and a pool.
Need more proof that Perry and Brand believe in the future of the real estate market? They own a unit in New York and also recently spent $6.5 million for a Sunset Strip-area compound.
Ernie Carswell and Christopher Pickett of Teles Property, Beverly Hills, were the listing agents on the Los Feliz property and David Findley of Partners Trust, Beverly Hills, represented the buyer.
3. Heidi Klum and hubby Seal were also visited by some good real estate karma. They listed their Beverly Hills home for $6.9 million in May and it flew off the market nanoseconds later for $100,000 over asking, says the MLS. Presumably the TV star-model (who also produces content for AOL) and her Grammy-award winning husband are enjoying the Los Angeles home they bought for upward of $14 million.
Let's repeat that: They got an offer of $100,000 over asking.
4. The Hollywood Hills home of Bela Lugosi -- that's Count Dracula to you -- has sold for $2.25 million. It was listed in April at $2,367,000. We call that close enough to qualify for a Snoopy Happy Dance.
Castle La Paloma is a 1926 Tudor with 5,000 square feet in the Beachwood Canyon area. Lugosi, who was 73 when he died in 1956, was a vampire before it was fashionable.
Konstantine Valissarakos of Sotheby's International Realty, Los Feliz, was the listing agent. Hugh Evans of Partners Trust, Brentwood, found the buyer.
5. Of course, not every real estate story has a happy ending. Ashlee Simpson spent $4.5 million in 2007 for a 7,100-square-foot Beverly Hills-area house once owned by comedienne Rita Rudner. Three short years and one marriage-headed-south later, she had it on the market last April at $3,699,000. Redfin reports that the house sold for $3,475,000 in June -- a big ouch heard from the wallet.
Case-Shiller Index: 3 Reasons to Blow It Off
Brian Wilson's Former House, Full of Good Vibrations
'Entourage' House Sold for $4.2 Million
See more celebrity real estate.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.