While we commoners have been wondering all year where all this housing recovery business is coming from, it seems like it's been a housing boom for our celebrity counterparts over in La La Land and elsewhere. This year has seen A-listers flinging mansions on the market like they're having a yard sale, selling their palatial digs to fellow Hollywood royals and renting summer homes at exorbitant prices. Click through the gallery below to see some of the biggest celebrity real estate deals of 2012.
- Alicia Keys Gets a Deal on Eddie Murphy's $14.9 Million Mansion
- Ryan Seacrest Buys Ellen Degeneres' (and Brad Pitt's) Former Malibu Home
- 'Hunger Games' Actor Josh Hutcherson Buys Ellen Degeneres' 'Treehouse'
- Joan Rivers Sells NYC Penthouse for $29.5 Million
- Gene Hackman's Former Mansion Hits Market for $79 Million
- Home on Walt Disney's Former Property Hits Market at $90 Million
- Elvis Presley's Beverly Hills Home Hits Market For $12.9 Million
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Rent Hamptons Home
- Jay Z and Beyonce Rent Hamptons Manse
- Drake Buys $7.7 Million L.A. Mansion With Cave, Slide, Mechanical Bull
- Leonardo Dicaprio Sells Malibu Townhouse
- Sarah Jessica Parker Sells NYC Townhouse
- Madonna Puts $23.5 Million NYC Apartment On The Market
'Jersey Shore' Stars' Homes: Their Living Situations at Series' End
Britney Spears Can Be Your Neighbor in Wayne Gretzky's Former Home
Leonardo DiCaprio Puts Malibu Home on Market
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.