As the housing recovery that began last year continues to gain steam into 2013, selling your home may become less of a headache.
But you can be sure of one thing: You're always likely to make the process easier if you use smart marketing tactics.
Some of them are givens: De-clutter your home for open houses, enhance your landscaping, etc. But there are also some underutilized selling methods.
Culling tips from interviews with a variety of industry insiders, AOL Real Estate has compiled a list of some of the best of them. Click through our gallery to learn 13 ways to sell your home in 2013.
- Don't Hide a Foible, Flaunt It
- Shoot a Walk-Through Video -- Without the Bells and Whistles
- Display QR Codes and Targeted URLs on Your For-Sale Sign
- Advertise Financing Terms
- Choose a Realtor Carefully
- List Your Home as Early in the Year as Possible
- Offer Free Home Maintenance Services
- If You're Underwater, Consider a Short Sale -- and Do it Right
- Host a Raffle to Increase Foot Traffic
- Offer Free Home Warranties
- Provide Floor Plans and a Schedule of Expenses
- Make Yourself Scarce
- Leverage Multiple Social Media Platforms
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent in your area.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.