For Sale: Meg Ryan, Dennis Quaid's Former Victorian Home

ZillowA Pottery Barn commercial featured this home and its owners describing how they fell in love with its high ceilings and airy rooms.
20jul98   actor dennis quaid  ...
ShutterstockMeg Ryan and Dennis Quaid
By Emily Heffter

This quintessential San Francisco Victorian on 2602 Pacific Ave. has had a couple of star turns. One-time happy couple Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid lived there in the 1990s.

Homes like this historic Queen Anne, priced at $8.995 million, are rare on the market, said listing agent Malin Giddings of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in San Francisco's Pacific Heights. "Our city is very unique in that old properties don't trade very often," she said. "Good houses don't trade often because they're so hard to find."

In this case, the owner has died, and the home is on the market for the first time since 1995. It has six bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms and six fireplaces. The 1889 home is wide compared with other homes in its style, and its location on Pacific Avenue offers water views from every floor.

An elegant staircase runs up the center of the home. The kitchen opens up to a living area with a backyard view, and each level features large terraces with views of the city, mountains and the water.

The master bed and bath have a terrace and an oversize bathtub and a steam shower. At the top of the house, every nook and cranny is designed around an in-the-clouds sitting area with rooftop views of the city and water.

Janet Welsh

Beautiful. The views are awesome which no doubt is the reason for the high price, but then eveyrthing in San Francisco is high. I love how the outsisde of the house has been redone in front and back.. The decor inside is aslo well done. I love the clean lines.

June 29 2014 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
In My Opinion

I'll take it for a couple of grand and Meg's is included?

Same house/size and style around $1 million elsewhere.

Could buy 16 of them homes/cabins/condos all over America including Hawaii compared to for their 1 house?

No matter how poor or rich I become, i still compare and get best deals.

June 29 2014 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sopranosly

if Meg would give me a richard head job I'd give them about 500.000 for it

June 29 2014 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sopranosly

very nice but over priced. 1 mill tops.... nice place to visit put would never want to live there. State tax property tax sales tax [s to much , live in Tennessee less fruits and nuts and the tax's are low

June 29 2014 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpark377

I'm so glad you're "long in the tooth" and an insignificant actress now Meg, after giving Dennis a real hosing. There's something to be said about this concept of "Karma".

June 28 2014 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
redwingirish

San Fran used to be Americas best city, but the sexually challenged have ruined it!

June 28 2014 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra

When I see pictures of houses like this, I always wonder...How do you keep them clean? With an 8-hour shift of housekeepers at least six days a week? My own 2,000 square foot house is practically a full-time job. I suppose that if you can afford the house, you can afford the cleaning crew it requires, but I seriously do wonder about it.

June 28 2014 at 9:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sandra's comment
sopranosly

really ? you must watch to much TV and hour a day will keep a clean house

June 29 2014 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jude

It was nice but certainly not victorian decor at all....it was modern didn't like that fact..I would have liked all period type furniture looked weird it was a Victorian all modern inside....didn't like it.

June 28 2014 at 9:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rfor689955

Well then I would like to know who was in the white dress in the picture......with the big you know what

June 28 2014 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
domingbfan

you can find much nicer home for half a mil all day long, the kitchen would be nice for a 200,000 townhouse.

June 28 2014 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply