Charming $100,000 Homes for Sale Across the U.S.

100k philadelphia home
ZillowThis Philadelphia home's stunning original details include a pillared entrance, hardwood floors and decorative windows.

By Sharona Ott

Purchasing a home can be a big financial step. Whether you are a first-time buyer departing from the rental market or an individual entering the investment market, finding an affordable home is of great importance. Considering that the median home value in the United States is up 6.5 percent from last year and currently sits at $174,800, finding a quality home under that price may seem like an unattainable feat. Fear not, prospective homebuyers! We've rounded up homes in well-known cities across the United States that cost approximately $100,000.

gonepecan51

True Southern Plantation style for sale 15 minutes from downtown New Orleans....4 bdrms, 2.5 baths, 4 beautiful fireplaces, 3800 sq. ft. under roof, over 6500 total. Room for anything you want on an acre of land in well established neighborhood. Large inground pool wired for heat, granite, marble flooring, too many amenities to list! Pivach Realty, Belle Chasse, LA

February 02 2015 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edgarlongenecker

Try to pay the utility bills, to heat these behemoths.... and, pay the tax extortions, that your social security, joke, will be what's to sneer at.... You'll have to be a foreigner, subsidised by the Obama clan, to afford one.... .... When do we retire from the fraudulently imposed, Uniform Commercial Communistic Code, and, the extorted, govern mental embezzlements, of taxation; against everything we have earned, despite govern mental, meddling; where is, the representation....??? Edgrrr...

November 11 2014 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to edgarlongenecker's comment
K

I cant read the home info or see the photos...it seems since the AOL makeover this fall...browsing doesnt work right...ONGOING...and they got rid of local news on the homepage...think its time to leave AOL

November 11 2014 at 1:15 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to K's comment
eegg447

I agree, K. The "makeover" is not helpful at all! The "improved" Print Preview was worse than the previous one, and Local News seems to have disappeared completely. Who IS it at AOL that thinks these new "features" are helpful to long-time AOL users? Their tech-tinkering won't get them a whole crowd of new users/members and will, instead, make a lot of current AOL users drop the "service."

December 04 2014 at 1:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snowsdeli

I can't read the description of the houses, because ads are covering it. This is very frustrating, and I have noticed that this is happening every time I try to look at houses on the AOL news stories! There seems to be no way to remove the ads.

November 06 2014 at 1:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
phc10465

That whole neighborhood in the North EAst section of Philadelphia if full of homes of that price----they are all old and probably falling apart and Philadelphia is one of the least safe places to live

November 06 2014 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angge206

I'm looking for a for sale homes in Somerville, Massachusetts.

November 06 2014 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to angge206's comment
Camp Bulldog

realtor.com or Zillow

January 26 2015 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan C. Louganis

I like to find a charming home in Southern California, Texas, or Florida for 100k? Any ideas? Email to AlanLouganis@yahoo.com

November 06 2014 at 9:21 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Alan C. Louganis's comment
bperrico

Have a nice 2 bed 2 bath condo with attached 1 car garage in a 55 and over community furnished for $80,000

January 01 2015 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hfmcompanyinc

please contact howard 914 698 6363 a new york city based construction company specializing in co op condo rental rejuvenations please call for an in apartment consultation

November 04 2014 at 5:11 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
zizent

I'm a realtor in Southern California. If you are looking for residential or commercial properties I'm your man. You can reach me at georgez@ssregency.com

October 24 2014 at 10:02 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
In My Opinion

Any magicians who could transfer these homes to Oregon/Washington?

Texas sucks.

I went there in Houston in the 1990's, it's outdated place to live.

Dallas looked too limited. Too bad, Fast-N-Loud, not interested in their location and beer. Their downfall will be caused by beer. Hopefully Misfit garage will not be based on beer then they can beat Richard rawling in the long run.

Nice meeting you, Richard Rawlings and that blond secretary of yours at the Gresham Burger King, not interested. Liked his show but the beer thing was a turn off. Earnhart JR. with Mountain Drew sponsorship, I'm proud of him.

I feel rich living here in Oregon. My GF was ddited to beer, I got her into wine to veer her away from beer and now she's into water and tea. Thank God.

October 24 2014 at 1:27 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply