Charming $100,000 Homes for Sale Across the U.S.

100k philadelphia home
ZillowThis Philadelphia home's stunning original details include a pillared entrance, hardwood floors and decorative windows.

By Sharona Ott

Purchasing a home can be a big financial step. Whether you are a first-time buyer departing from the rental market or an individual entering the investment market, finding an affordable home is of great importance. Considering that the median home value in the United States is up 6.5 percent from last year and currently sits at $174,800, finding a quality home under that price may seem like an unattainable feat. Fear not, prospective homebuyers! We've rounded up homes in well-known cities across the United States that cost approximately $100,000.

zizent

I'm a realtor in Southern California. If you are looking for residential or commercial properties I'm your man. You can reach me at georgez@ssregency.com

Friday at 10:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
IN MY OPINION ONLY

Any magicians who could transfer these homes to Oregon/Washington?

Texas sucks.

I went there in Houston in the 1990's, it's outdated place to live.

Dallas looked too limited. Too bad, Fast-N-Loud, not interested in their location and beer. Their downfall will be caused by beer. Hopefully Misfit garage will not be based on beer then they can beat Richard rawling in the long run.

Nice meeting you, Richard Rawlings and that blond secretary of yours at the Gresham Burger King, not interested. Liked his show but the beer thing was a turn off. Earnhart JR. with Mountain Drew sponsorship, I'm proud of him.

I feel rich living here in Oregon. My GF was ddited to beer, I got her into wine to veer her away from beer and now she's into water and tea. Thank God.

Friday at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

We wish we could move back to CA. We can't afford either the homes or the taxes there...only the illegals can afford to live there now and the hard working middle class who pay for them to get subsidized homes/apartments for next to nothing. Soon even beautiful CA will look like Tijuana, and before you know it, maybe we can afford to move back!!

October 18 2014 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jigokurei

With all the craziness going on in this country and the limited amount of high-paying jobs available for many, even $100,000 homes aren't enough to keep many from relocating out of the country indefinitely (not permanently; but until the craziness stops).

September 10 2014 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xraybrain

where I live a one bedroom, 700 sq ft basement condo is 200 grand. And you know what? I'd rather live in my tiny condo in a safe upscale area than some large house in crime ridden cesspool of a city

September 10 2014 at 4:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to xraybrain's comment
Relevant Data

Where I live in Santa Barbara, a 3 bedroom 2 bath house cannot be purchased for under $700,000. You night get an attached garage but a very small lot and no pool.

September 10 2014 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
regal3960

Yeah, but who in their right mind would want to live in some of those cities.

September 10 2014 at 4:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
henryusmale

Oh alright, I'll have one of these please..

September 10 2014 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to henryusmale's comment
regal3960

Yeah, but you might not live in that area very long. Home invasions, muggings, killings, etc. Nice place to live.

September 10 2014 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franco

80 MILLION American homes in existence. Everyone should own one exept the shrirking little commies that want one for free. Hey, we are talking about part of the American dream...you know, a house, two cars and a back yard?

September 10 2014 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Franco's comment
henryusmale

You left out the mexican landscaper

September 10 2014 at 4:24 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ballet63

I agree with some of the other posts. These are homes in crime ridden areas of their cities. Also they do not show the interiors of any of these. Wonder if they are as charming as the exterior shots. The shots do not show the houses surrounding the homes featured either. Story is ridiculous. Don't think the Zillow writers do much physical research they base all of their stats and stories purely on what is on paper. (public records)

September 10 2014 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ava

Umm I think my New York apartment is bigger than some of these. One or two of them look like trailers. In addtion what neighborhood are they even in? What an odd artcle.

September 10 2014 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply